B.ActStud / B.Comm / CA
Senior Associate – Forensic Services
Personal injury matters
Fund management matters
Loss of dependency
As a Senior Associate in Vincents’ Forensic Accounting unit, Julia specialises in the preparation of expert accountants’ reports across a broad range of personal injury, family law and commercial litigation matters.
Julia has a particular interest in financial modelling and statistical analysis for the assessment of economic loss, fund management costs for brain injured plaintiffs and loss of dependency claims.
Julia has provided expert testimony in the following jurisdictions:
- Supreme Court of the ACT, QLD and VIC
- Federal Circuit Court of Australia
- Family Court of Australia
- Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting (Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand)
- Bachelor of Actuarial Studies (Australian National University)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance) (Australian National University)
After joining Vincents in 2007, Julia returned to Canberra in 2009 to establish Vincents’ Canberra office where she continues to lead the local Forensic Accounting unit.
Julia has 10 years of experience in the professional accounting industry and for the past 7 years has worked exclusively in the area of forensic accounting, litigation support and business valuations. Prior to this, she practiced in taxation and insolvency services.
- Chartered Accountant Australia & New Zealand (CA ANZ)
Law Society of the Australian Capital Territory (Associate Member)
Canberra Region Family Law Professionals Association Incorporated (Treasurer)
Publications & Presentations
Julia has co-authored the following papers:
- “Dependency Percentages in Australia Revisited – Estimating Personal Consumption using Statistical Data”
Julia has provided training and presentations to assist solicitors in understating business valuations and the assessment of damages in personal injury matters.