Director – Consulting
Coaching/Mentoring and Training
Amer is a highly experienced Accounting and Finance professional, having previously worked with Deloitte and KPMG in Canberra. Over the past ten years, he has worked internationally in a variety of roles within the C suite of private and government sector entities and has delivered a wide range of projects for large organisations. Amer is an internationally recognised expert in the areas of SME and Family Business, and is the author of several books on these subjects. He has also worked closely with the World Bank Group to conduct assessments of corporate governance practices at the national level as well as mentoring and coaching board members of various companies, and developing governance systems and frameworks for organisations.
- Bachelor of Economics, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
- Professional Year Programme, Institute of Chartered Accountants, Australia
- Executive Education Programme; leadership of Professional Service Firms, Harvard Business School, USA
Amer has a wide breadth of experience, including more than twenty years working with SMEs, family businesses, NFPs, and government entities. This experience enables him to provide unique insights to the various consulting projects that he is involved with. He also has extensive experience in strategic planning and financial analysis, as well as a thorough understanding of the local business environment. He is highly regarded for his strategic approach and the ability to add value to client projects. Amer's extensive international experience combined with more than twenty years of working in Canberra ensure that our clients receive the ideal blend of local and international expertise.
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (FCA)
- Certified Practicing Accountant- Retired (CPA)
- Registered Company Auditor with Australian Securities and Investments Commission (Retired)
- Registered Tax Agent with the Australian Taxation Office (Retired)