Associate Director – Assurance & Risk Advisory
Controls, business process improvement and transformation
Fraud & corruption risk management
Gabriella is an Associate Director with Vincents and has over 16 years’ experience in the areas of governance, internal audit, risk management and controls transformation, Sarbanes Oxley (SoX) and advisory services. Additionally, Gabriella has developed expertise pertaining to external auditing, assurance and systems and business process review for Local, State and Commonwealth government organisations, not-for profit organisations and private sector clients. This experience has provided Gabriella with extensive knowledge of the workings across various entities, the risks associated with these entities, and their regulatory and legislative requirements. Gabriella leads the co-sourced and outsourced internal audit program for national and global clients across various sectors, including aged care, health, education, construction, mining and manufacturing clients.
Gabriella accentuates the importance of being client-centric by listening and focusing on the client’s needs and challenges, and how we at Vincents strive to be a trusted advisor for existing and new clients by growing, managing and sustaining client trusted relationships.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting – University of Pretoria
- Completed the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants program (SAICA)
Prior to working at Vincents, Gabriella worked at Deloitte in Australia and South Africa.
Throughout her career she has consistently delivered high quality outcomes and diverse experience across numerous sectors and industries:
- She leverages her global experience in managing, co-ordinating and delivering from simple to complex internal audit projects and Sarbanes Oxley projects. Some of Gabriella’s day-to-day responsibilities include, managing relationships with key senior stakeholders, status reporting, liaising with the various teams locally and globally (such as IT, forensics, and subject matter specialists) on site to ensure effective and efficient delivery, reporting to management and the Board and Audit and Risk Committees.
- Business process and risk and controls transformation reviews.
- Advisory reviews for funded organisations, government agencies and other entities including governance, risk, strategy, performance.
- Advisory engagements in relation to risk management; fraud and corruption awareness, Board and C-suite knowledge-sharing sessions, contract management and performance of service providers, governance and grant programs.
- Operational audits of key operational functions.
- Special audit investigations for U.S. listed public companies (under PCAOB requirements) and support.
- Regulatory audits of agency compliance with legislation; third party compliance with contract terms and conditions and statement of works; compliance by grantees with grant terms and conditions; regulatory examinations of corporations and other entities compliance with legislation governing their operations.