Associate Director – Forensic Services
Business interruption claims
Business valuation services
Class action disputes
Hans Weemaes is an Associate Director in the Forensics Division of Vincents with over 20 years of experience leading complex litigation and regulatory matters both in Australia and the United States. He has served as a consulting expert, testifying expert, and advisor to regulatory authorities.
Hans specialises in the application of finance, valuation, and managerial accounting to issues arising in complex corporate litigation and regulatory investigations. He has worked on a diverse range of matters including those related to business interruptions, business and intellectual property valuations, excessive fee claims, contract/billing disputes, insolvency, as well as those related to a wide range of corporate governance and internal control matters. Hans has worked on dozens of international disputes across a wide variety of industries.
Hans has particular expertise in cost accounting and profitability analyses. He has experience in estimating profitability, lost profits, cost allocations, and assessing economic loss claims. Hans’ experience includes assessing claims of excessive fees and analysing claimed efficiencies between merging parties in M&A investigations.
In addition, Hans has experience in applying scenario planning and other lateral thinking techniques to assist senior management with strategic planning and risk identification. He is qualified in the Oxford Scenario Planning Approach and holds an MBA from the University of Chicago.
- Master of Business Administration (University of Chicago, Booth School of Business)
- Master of Economics (Australian National University)
- Graduate Certificate in Financial Management (Australian National University)
- Bachelor of Economics (Honours) (University of Queensland)
- Bachelor of Business Management (University of Queensland)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA Institute)
- Certified Management Accountant (Institute of Management Accountants)
- Valuation Programme (University of Oxford)
- Scenario Planning Programme (University of Oxford)