B.Bus / CA
Director – Forensic Services
Director – Insolvency & Reconstruction
Corporate and personal insolvency
Director – Corporate Advisory
Financial, vendor and purchaser due diligence
With over 28 years experience in forensic accounting, Jonathan is considered a pioneer in the field. His financial analysis and investigative skills have allowed him to work on a diverse range of matters involving; commercial disputes, insurance litigation, financial crime, insolvency litigation, turnaround and reconstruction, solvency reports and financial, vendor and purchaser due diligence.
Jonathan is regularly called upon to provide expert witness testimony in the District and Supreme Courts of Queensland, the Supreme Court of NSW and the Federal Court of Australia.
Qualifications / Memberships
- Chartered Accountant Australia & New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) (Queensland University of Technology)
- Australian Institute of Company Directors (FAICD) – Fellow
- Advanced Certificate in Insolvency ARITA
- Advanced Certificate in Restructuring and Turnaround ARITA
Jonathan founded Vincents' forensic services division in 1991 having previously worked at KPMG. Over the last 28 years Jonathan has overseen the expansion of Vincents from a two (2) person firm to the highly respected national advisory firm it is today. Jonathan acted as joint Managing Director of Vincents from 1991 to 2006 and Managing Director from 2006 to 2011. During his time as Managing Director, Vincents won 11 Financial Review Client Choice Awards including: Australia's Best Professional Services Firm (revenue <$50m) and Australia's Best Accounting Firm (revenue <$50).
- Chairman of Compliance Committee Ord Minnett Management Limited (since 2010)
- Member of Audit and Risk Committee – QSuper (since 2016)
- President of the Queensland Regional Council – Redkite (since 2010)
- Member Audit and Risk Committee – Redkite (since 2014)
- External Member – Audit, Risk and Finance Committee – Queensland Cricket Association Limited (since 2013)
Publications & Presentations
Over the last 28 years Jonathan has published and presented many papers on a variety of forensic accounting issues in Australia.