Aged care is a complex web of legislation, costs and options. The aged care system can prove challenging as you or your loved ones find the need to transition to a new phase of retirement and move away from independent living arrangements. We assist in making the complex simple by helping people and their families better understand options and the financial implications of decisions.
When making these important decisions for you or your loved ones it is imperative to understand all available options and entitlements. There are a number of questions to consider, including:
- What accommodation options are available?
- How are these options best funded?
- What other costs need to be considered?
- How is government support accessed?
- How do decisions impact Estate intentions?
- What else impacts government support?
- Is ageing at home a viable option?
- How can aged couples remain together when one needs greater care?
- How is other assistance accessed?
- How can financial independence be maintained?
- How can Centrelink be expertly navigated?
Working through these questions can be emotionally draining and difficult for individuals; a situation often compounded when multiple family members offer differing ideas on what may be best.
You need an independent aged care expert that will piece together a financial solution that best
suits your unique situation.
Vincents can help you meet this challenge.
Our point of difference.
At Vincents we understand the importance of making safe and secure decisions in order to comfortably transition and protect wealth. Our experts review each situation with the goal to reduce aged care fees and maximise government support. We also aim to reduce stress by helping clients better understand the complex weave of fees and legislation.
- Fee for service – mainly non product advice (exception is if annuity, pension or pension loan scheme is recommended)
- Risk profiling – education of the importance of considering risk
- Face to face, phone and or email/electronic meetings with a Vincents aged care professional
- Documented strategies tailored to your situation
- Cashflow management
- Unable to return home (crisis management)
- Not coping
- Capital reducing
- Actions could impact social security
- Unable to maintain home or home is no longer appropriate due to diminished capacity
- Downsizing provisions
- Estate planning
- Protected person leaves the family home
- Asset inheritance
- Engage – get to know you and start to understand your situation
- Educate – explanation of the Aged Care system and potential benefits available to you
- Advise – outline potential solutions based on your individual needs
- Execute – any products/ service access – cash flow management
We also have members of your team who can assist with:
- Self-Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF) considerations
- Managed Accounts
- Estate Planning
- Direct investments
If you would like to have a discussion with us in relation to investment & portfolio management, please don’t hesitate to contact us: