Employment & Industrial Relations
Understanding the complex matrix surrounding the employment of staff is often overwhelming. Industrial relations issues are varied and incorrect advice can lead to unforeseen outcomes. Our specialists draw upon years of expertise and provide a range of services that help clients negotiate the ever-changing environment of the employment/industrial relations landscape.
No two issues are ever really the same. Employers, employees and unions all need someone who can explain the technical accounting and financial issues of a dispute as simply as possible.
You need an expert who can support you by:
- Providing financial, operational and tax advice
- Investigating, examining and analysing records
- Reviewing systems and operations in order to understand a business
- Quantifying losses and being prepared for court and if necessary provide expert financial evidence.
Vincents can help you meet this challenge.
Our Forensic Accounting team is one of Australia’s largest and longest established. A wealth of experience and diverse skill-sets ensures we deliver the insight and precision your matters and issues demand.
Our team also includes a Director who worked for one of Australia’s largest law firms as their in-house forensic accountant and worked directly with their employment/industrial & commercial litigation legal team.
- Calculation of underpayment of wages, superannuation & benefits
- Wage negotiation:
- Investigation of financial position of employer
- Review of financial claims by employer for altering agreements
- Fairness of conditions
- Drafting of agreements
- Set up of structures, such as charity & fighting fund
- Employment Termination Payments
- Treatment of overseas wages
- Job swaps & effectiveness of redundancies
- Point of contact with taxing authorities
- Strike payments
- Donations to families
- Under payment of wages & remuneration
- Unfair dismissal
- Back pay due to re-instatement of employment including tax consequences
- Loss of profit or additional costs claim due to strike action
- Review and analysis of financial statements, employers, unions & third party organisations
- Solvency of organisations
- Investigation of transactions & compliance with organisation rules & guidelines
- Review of operational & financial accounting systems
- Review & assessment of the correctness of financial structures
- Review of constitution/deeds