Your best choice for
all aspects of fraud &
Vincents has significant experience in conducting all aspects of fraud investigations and financial investigations. Our experts can provide your organisation with assistance in the following areas:
- Drafting and executing search warrants, freezing orders (Mareva orders) and search orders (Anton Piller orders) particularly those relating to financial matters
- Assistance with investigations considerations: confidentiality, procedural fairness, conflicts of interest, investigatory powers
- Developing an investigation plan
- Retrieving and examining financial evidence
- Providing advice on the use of data mining tools in the conduct of financial investigations
- Planning and interviewing witnesses and or suspects in a manner admissible in a court of law
- Tracing funds and/or assets
- Conducting financial analysis
- Preparing briefs of evidence in criminal or civil jurisdictions
- Preparing Expert Accountants Reports for Courts, Tribunals and Commissions of Inquiry
Vincents expert team members are available to meet with you or your client anywhere in Australia and discuss the particular issues of the investigation. Vincents will consider the facts and then prepare and provide an Initial Assessment Report.
Initial Assessment Reports will typically consider the following:
- Assessment of the available financial material
- Identification of further financial materials required
- Identification of the key financial issues
- Strengths and weaknesses of the financial evidence
- Set out a strategy for carrying out any further investigation
- Provide an estimate of costs for carrying out any future financial investigation
Corporate fraud is costing the Australian economy A$5.8 billion a year and surveys show these costs have jumped as a result of the global economic crisis. With up to 80% of fraud committed by internal staff (half by middle managers) public companies and government are not immune from internal corporate fraud.*
Good fraud governance requires more than just ensuring an effective system of internal controls. It requires:
- A strong and clear message from senior executives and non-executives who are prepared to lead by example
- Clear policies and standards
- Knowledge of the key fraud risks
- Effective fraud and corruption reporting
- Awareness training
- The development of a strong culture of ethics and honesty
Vincents can prepare your Fraud and Corruption Control Plan and help ensure that it is properly communicated to stakeholders. We ensure that your plan is tailored to your organisation and is consistent with the Australian Standard on Fraud and Corruption Control AS8001-2003 and AS8001-2008.
Fraud awareness training is critical for an organisation to effectively implement a fraud awareness program.
We regularly provide fraud awareness training to Commonwealth and State Government Departments and Public companies.
Once staff are provided with fraud awareness training they are more likely to act to deter a potential fraud and in the event a fraud is committed staff are more likely to report the fraud.