Terms & conditions
Access to a professional network
bringing together professional
services individuals and firms
The VIN-Link Network (“VIN-Link”) is a professional service provided by Vincents Chartered Accountants (“VCA”) for the benefit and support of those parties who have been invited, to become members (“Members”).
By accepting an invitation to become a member, and by continuing to participate, in VIN-Link, Members accept and are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Membership in VIN-Link is by the invitation of VCA only. Any Member’s membership in VIN-Link may be cancelled at any time by VCA, without giving any reason, and that cancellation will be effective immediately. Any Members may cease membership in VIN-Link by giving written notice to VCA, effective upon receipt of that notice by VCA.
- Membership does not imply or create any association, agency or other relationship. Members have no rights or obligations, other than as expressly set out in these Terms.
- Membership permits members to represent themselves as members of VIN-Link to third parties for the purpose of assisting members in procuring business. Members must not imply or create any association, agency or other relationship with VCA apart from that represented in these Terms.
- Members may from time to time be invited to attend professional development events, social functions and other activities, and may be provided with access to information in oral, printed or electronic form. The nature and frequency of the events and information made available for Members is at VCA’s sole discretion. VCA reserves the right, in appropriate circumstances, to charge Members a fee for goods or services offered through VIN-Link.
- If VCA gives a Members access to any website, forum, discussion group, blog or other like service operated by or on behalf of VCA in relation to VIN-Link (“Service”) for the purpose of posting any information, the Members is solely responsible for ensuring that all information posted complies with all applicable laws (including, but not limited to, the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Commonwealth) and the Corporations Act 2001 (Commonwealth)). VCA may at any time delete any information posted by any Members, and may prohibit any Members from making any, or any further, postings of information, without notice, in VCA’s sole discretion and without giving any reason. Any Members who posts information or material to any Service indemnifies, and will keep indemnified, VCA against any loss, damage, liability, cost or claim suffered or incurred by VCA and arising as a result of any information or material posted by or on behalf of the Members. Membership in VIN-Link does not give the Member any right to hold himself, herself or itself out as being an agent, partner, representative, employee or other associate of VCA nor of any other Members.
- No Member will engage in any conduct or make any representations that may give rise to such a holding out, and must immediately upon demand by VCA cease any such holding out and make any corrective statements which VCA may reasonably require.
- Once a Members membership in VIN-Link has been terminated or otherwise ceased, the Member must immediately cease making any claims or representations of membership in VIN-Link. If requested to do so by VCA, the Member must return to VCA all materials and things (including documents, certificates and cards) and delete all electronic information relating to or originating from the Members membership in VIN-Link
- Membership is subject to VCA’s Privacy Statement at www.vincents.com.au, and all information collected from Members will be dealt with accordingly.
- VIN-Link is not an association or partnership. No Members may make any representation to any other person which is misleading, incorrect or deceptive in relation to VCA, VIN-Link or the services supplied pursuant to VIN-Link.
- VCA may amend or add to these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting the revised Terms and Conditions at www.vincents.com.au. The amendments or additions will take effect immediately they are posted, or such other time as may be specified in the posting.
- Members may actively display and promote their membership of VIN-Link, but are strictly prohibited from
- The information provided by VCA to Members is intended to offer general information of interest. This information provided is not intended to replace or serve as a substitute for any accounting, taxation or other professional advice, consultation or service. For advice relevant to yourself, your business, or a legal matter, you should consult with a Vincents’ professional with expertise in the respective area of interest.
- VCA does not guarantee or warrant the material will be error-free or omission-free. Therefore, the information is provided “as is” without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including accuracy, timeliness and completeness. In no event shall VCA, its related partners, managing directors, principals, agents or employees be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive, consequential or other damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, liability for loss of use, data or profits), without regard to the form of any action, including but not limited to contract, negligence or other tortuous actions, arising out of or in connection with the material, any content in the material, or any copying, display or other use hereof.
- As content in this material is copyrighted, any unauthorised use of any information within the material may violate copyright, trademark and other laws. Should a user replicate the materials for personal or non-commercial use, the user must retain all VCA’ copyright, trademark or other similar notices contained in the original materials on any copies of the material. Information within this material may not be modified, reproduced or publicly displayed, performed or distributed or used for any public or commercial purposes.
- VCA is obligated to protect its reputation and trademarks. Unauthorised use of the logo is explicitly prohibited by VCA and may present trademark and copyright infringement issues. Explicit permission is required to use the VCA or VIN-Link logos.
- All information provided by or on behalf of VCA to Members, whether orally, in printed form, by email or by access to websites, forums, discussion groups, blogs or the like (together, “Information”), is of a general nature only and is not personal financial or investment advice. It does not take into account any person’s particular objectives and circumstances. No Members should act on the basis of any Information without first obtaining and following the advice of a suitably qualified professional advisor.
- From time to time, suppliers of goods or services may offer benefits, discounts or other opportunities to Members. Any such offers are made by those suppliers directly to Members, and are not endorsed, sponsored or recommended by VCA. Suppliers are not agents of VCA, nor is VCA an agent of the Supplier. Members should make their own enquiries before taking up any such offers, and must resolve any disagreements or disputes directly with suppliers. VCA is not responsible for any loss, damage, liability, cost or claim suffered or incurred by or arising from any Members taking up any such offers or in connection with the goods or services supplied.