Generally, you will need the following documents to prepare your personal tax return:
- Payment summaries from employers, pensions, etc.
- Bank statements for interest income.
- Dividend statements for dividend income.
- Buy and sell investment statements for CGT purposes.
- Rental income and expenses including agent statements and property expenses.
- Receipts for deductions you want to claim (e.g. work-related expenses, charitable donations, etc.).
- Private health insurance policy statement.
- Any other documents that record income and deductions.
The specifics may vary depending on your personal situation.