B.Bus B.LLB / CA BV
Director – Forensic Services
Accredited Business Valuation Specialist (CA ANZ)
Business valuation services
Family law valuation
Forensic accounting services
Commercial and insurance litigation
Trust estate litigation
Ben is a Director in Vincents' Forensic Services unit. His primary area of expertise is preparation of business valuation reports for family law and other litigation purposes, and for financing, sale, restructuring and taxation purposes.
Ben has an emphasis on valuations for small to medium sized businesses, including franchises, supermarkets, and professional practices.
Ben is also experienced in the onset of economic loss in commercial and insurance matters.
Ben has provided expert opinion in the following jurisdictions for plaintiffs and defendants:
- Family Court of Australia
- Federal Circuit Court of Australia
- Supreme Court (QLD, and NSW)
- District Court (QLD)
- Federal Court of Australia
- Chartered Accountant Australia & New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Accredited Business Valuation Specialist (CA ANZ)
- Bachelor of Commerce (First Class Honours) – University of Queensland.
- Bachelor of Laws (Division 2A Honours) – University of Queensland
Ben joined Pitcher Partners Brisbane in 2001 and joined Vincents in 2008 as part of a merger with Pitcher Partners Brisbane.
Ben has approximately 23 years' experience in the accounting industry, the last 16 of which have concentrated on business valuation and litigation support services.
Ben also has prior experience in provision of tax and business services, and spent 3.5 years in commerce overseas working as a financial accountant in the tourism and travel industry.
- Member of the Forensic Accounting Special Interest Group (FASIG)
- Member of the Business Valuations Special Interest Group (BVSIG)
- Member of Family Law Practitioners Association of Queensland (FLPA)
- Member of Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA)
- Member of Society of Estate and Trust Practitioners (STEP)
Publications & Presentations
Seminars / workshops presented to numerous solicitors / firms / associations on
- Taxation Issues
- Business Valuations
- Forensic Accounting
- Trust and Estate issues
'A Study of the Environmental Disclosure Policies of Australian Corporations', Gordon B. & Deegan C. 1996, Accounting and Business Research, 26(3), pp. 187-199.