Director – Forensic Services
Accredited Forensic Accounting Specialist (CA ANZ)
Insurance litigation support
Personal injury matters
Mark Thompson is one of the founding directors of Vincents Chartered Accountants. Mark's key area of expertise is in the assessment of damages.
Mark has prepared expert reports in relation to the following jurisdictions:
- Supreme Courts of QLD, NSW, VIC, TAS, SA, WA and ACT
- Federal Court of Australia
- Dust Diseases Tribunal
- September 11 Special Victims Compensation Fund
- High Court of South Africa
- Compensation Courts of the United Kingdom
He has prepared economic loss assessments for overseas parties from England, Ireland, Sweden, Japan, Korea, China, Samoa, Canada, Thailand and the United States of America. Notable matters Mark has prepared expert reports in relation to include:
- The Australian victims in the September 11 terrorist attacks in New York
- The Blackhawk helicopter incident
- The VIOXX class action
Mark has also advised in relation to commercial disputes and class actions involving both private and public institutions.
- Chartered Accountant Australia & New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Accredited Forensic Accounting Specialist (CA ANZ)
- Bachelor of Business with Distinction (Accountancy) (Queensland University of Technology)
Mark began his career at Price Waterhouse in Corporate Finance before joining Vincents as an associate in 1995. He was appointed partner in 1999 and has since gained extensive experience in the areas of forensic accounting and litigation support. Mark has worked widely in this field, assessing damages in relation to various commercial disputes and business interruption claims.
Mark has overseen the growth of Vincents from a small, boutique practice to a mid-tier organisation.
- Chartered Accountant Australia & New Zealand (CA ANZ) – Fellow
- Board Member of the Forensic Accounting Group of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
Publications & Presentations
Mark has published and presented many papers on a variety of forensic accounting issues for various professional organisations including Australian Lawyers Alliance, NSW College of Law, Queensland Law Society, ACT Law Society, Women in Insurance and Lexis Nexis.