Timely and authoritative
Financial loss and damages are significant components sought in class action proceedings. Whilst legal practitioners are experts at interpreting the words, it can prove extremely challenging to understand the numbers. Quickly and expertly navigating large volumes of financial information in order to determine the true value of the claim to be assessed will go a long way towards securing the best possible results for clients.
As a class action lawyer or litigation funder you need, at the outset, to obtain an accurate idea of what the total class value might be worth. Determining this requires an understanding of the factual circumstances, financial issues and operational needs required to prepare a financial model predicting the likely total value of damages. You need to lean on specialist advice that supports your case – which could include the following:
- Consulting on claim composition;
- Identifying & assisting in evidence collation to support claims;
- Designing questionnaires/surveys to extract key data from group members;
- Managing data collection;
- Explaining, analysing & providing an understanding of financial information, accounting standards & changes in financial positions;
- Preparing damages reports for lead applicants;
- Preparing valuation models and scenarios;
- Providing advice on the preparation of distribution schemes; and
- Preparing financial settlements of claims
Vincents can help you meet this challenge.
Working within the largest Forensic Accounting team in Australia, our well-established team of group and class action experts are perfectly placed to be able to provide timely and authoritative quantification and reporting services based on our extensive portfolio.
We understand that the complexity of group and class actions requires sophisticated litigation support to ensure positive case outcomes. A successful partnership between a litigator and forensic accountant can make a significant difference in the litigation process. Vincents welcomes the opportunity to work with you on these matters.
Get in contact with our experts: